Temperatures have plummeted which means it is definitely time for a hot gin cocktail! For this hot mulled gin recipe you'll be infusing apple juice with festive spices to make a lovely Christmassy gin cocktail.
- 100ml Batts Hill Surrey Dry Gin
- 400ml apple juice
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 3 juniper berries, lightly crushed
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp runny honey
For the garnish
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 lemon slices, halved
- Divide Batts Hill Surrey Dry Gin between 2 heatproof glasses. Our copper mugs work best!
- In a saucepan add all the remaining ingredients. Heat gently until simmering, then strain into a jug.
- Pour the mulled apple juice into the glasses with the gin and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish each glass with a bay leaf and half a lemon slice and serve warm.
- You can mull the juice in advance and keep in fridge till required to heat up.