While Halloween celebrations will look different this year, there's no reason why we can't still get ourselves into a spooky mood 🎃 !
Our weekly gin o' clock was hosted by the lovely Amanda from The Best of Surrey on Instagram LIVE last night. @bestofsurrey is an Instagram page dedicated to finding the best that Surrey has to offer. Amanda launched her blog earlier this year and as a result has reviewed some incredible Surrey products, services and places and this week it was our turn for her to review "Surrey's newest gin"!
With it being Halloween this week we treated her and her audience to a bloody good cocktail called The Bloody Red Snapper complete with an eyeball garnish!
Here's how it all came together.
- 50ml Batts Hill gin
- 100ml blood or (tomato juice ;-)
- 2 dashes of your favourite hot sauce, we particularly like Franks REDHOT Original Hot Sauce For The Perfect Blend Of Flavour & Heat
- 2 dashes of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce. The original & best!
- For the garnish you will need a radish and pimento stuffed olive
- Fill a large gin glass with lots of cubed ice
- Pour in Batts Hill Surrey Dry gin and add the tomato juice
- Season with the hot and Worcestershire sauce, you can additionally add salt and pepper according to your taste
- For the eye balls, scoop out the inside of a radish with a melon baller or pairing knife. Carve out some optical veins with a turning knife. Insert a pimento stuffed olive into the cavity and trim it to be flush with radish.
- Finish the drink by spearing the eye ball with a kebab stick and using it as a swizzle stick!
Whether it’s toasting the occasion over video chat with friends or heading to the couch for a horror movie marathon please enjoy this Halloween gin cocktail responsibly.
Happy Halloween, from our house to yours!