This weeks gin o'clock fell on the first night of the national lockdown and Guy Fawkes so we decided to do a little "bonfire special" and make a delicious and spicy Gin Punch.
Bradley and I had to of course socially distance ourselves from each other- me in front of the camera and Bradley behind it AND we we were outdoors- thank goodness for the warmth of the fire pit.
For our Batts Hill, Spicy Gin Punch you will need:-
- 500ml Ocean Spray Cranberry juice
- 200ml Sherry or Sauvignon blanc wine
- 1 x Apple cut into pieces
- Peel from 1 x lemon
- A few spices (we used cinnamon, nutmeg, star anise and cloves)
- 3 x tablespoons of sugar
- Batts Hill gin 😉
- Add the cranberry juice and sherry (or sauvignon blanc wine) to a pot.
- Pour in the spices, sugar and lemon peel.
- Drop-in chunks of apple.
- Bring it all up to the boil and once done turn off the heat and leave it to cool slightly.
- Once cooled to an acceptable drinking temperature pour into your favourite gin glass allowing some apple pieces to slip in too.
- Add 50ml of Batts Hill Surrey Dry gin.
- Garnish with either a dried lemon slice or grapefruit peel, a cinnamon stick and simply enjoy, not only the delicious taste but the lovely aroma too!
We've all lost so many opportunities to showcase our gin by not being able to be at fairs, markets and shows this month and of course, our fantastic stockists can't serve you a lovely Batts Hill G&T either.
So please support your local businesses during lockdown and enjoy some Batts Hill Surrey Dry Gin at home!
If you are local we can get you a bottle of Batts Hill quickly. We will personally deliver your gin within 5 miles of Redhill town centre free of any delivery charges. If you live a little further away we are offering free Royal Mail postage on orders over £50.
Go get some, friends!