The thing I most like to do with my gorgeous wife on Valentines Day is for us to stay in and me to cook her something extraordinary. I actually love the fact that Valentine’s Day gives me an excuse to go to town on a three-course meal at home, which is something we don’t tend to do for ourselves unless we’re having friends over. There’s something really nice about actually planning a special menu for two.
Valentine’s Day is upon us and this week we recommend preparing a dish that looks difficult but isn’t, and which in addition, is perfect for a romantic dinner for 2.
- 6 – 8 Tiger prawns
- 150g salted butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 25ml lemon juice
- 25ml Batts Hill Surrey dry gin
Make the butter:
- In a small pan gently fry the garlic for a 10 –15 seconds
- Add the butter, when the butter is bubbling add the lemon juice and a crack of black pepper and some salt.
- Transfer the butter to a serving ramekin and keep aside
Cook the prawns:
- Heat a pan with good glug of olive oil
- When the oil is hot add the prawns and fry for a few minutes
- Pour in the Batts Hill gin and flambé the crustaceans
- Cook until pink in colour about 1-2 minutes more
- Serve with the garlic lemon butter