Her Sunday will be even sweeter with a beautiful dessert made from the heart 💛 and a dash of Batts Hill Surrey Dry Gin!
- 225g butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 225g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp Batts Hill
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 25g granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a loaf tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is very pale in colour and fluffy
- Add the egg and sieve in the flour. Mix well, add 2 tbsp of Batts Hill gin and stir in the lemon zest. Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place the lemon juice and granulated sugar in a pan and gently warm until the sugar has melted then add the remaining tbsp of Batts Hill gin, set aside.
- When the cake is cooked and still hot, keep it in its tin and prick all over the surface with a skewer, then pour over the hot lemon mixture and allow to cool completely in the tin before serving.
Think about how many cakes your mom has made you over the years (likely too many to count!). Now it's time to give her a treat!
We would love to know how you get on with this. Please leave us a comment below 👇