Best Mother's Day Dinner Idea For The Delicious Meal Mums Deserves.
Because homemade feels a little more special than eating out.
40ml of Batts Hill Surrey Dry Gin
2 x 120g Salmon fillets
Fresh ground salt and black pepper
2 large egg yolks
1 tsp dijon mustard
20ml lemon juice
120g of butter
A pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- To make the hollandaise, whisk together the gin, egg yolks, lemon juice and cayenne.
- Now bring the butter to a gentle simmer on the hob, then carefully with a steady stream pour the hot butter into the bowl and whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Cover the sauce with a piece of cling film to keep it warm and prevent skin forming while you cook the fish.
- When the pan is hot, place the fish skin side down and cook until the skin is crisp, about 1-2min, now turn and carefully remove the skin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the skin next to the fish in the pan flesh side down to make a salmon skin crackling.
- Turn the fish over and cook for 1 minute, then turn the heat off and leave the fish to rest for a couple of minutes before serving with a salad and the delicious buttery mustard hollandaise sauce.